Thursday, March 27, 2014

The short version, for those of you who don't like my rambling - Jacob is doing great and he will get his treatment first thing tomorrow. We will then be home bound for the weekend

It's almost Friday and that makes me happy. "Happy Friday" will take on a whole new meaning tomorrow.

Jacob will have his 5th treatment at 8:30 in the morning and we will then pack up for the weekend and be Tally bound!! The sounding of that in my head brings tears to my eyes. Oh how I love Tallahassee.

I was told today we get to keep our room at the Ronald McDonald House, so that is great news!
I'm not sure what I expected this week. Sometimes it's hard to reflect back on what you thought might be after it has happened. It was an emotional rollercoaster for me for sure. Being away from my husband and other children is painfully hard, especially when they are having struggles of their own. I know it is hard for Jacob to be away too. He misses his family and friends and even school. I could go into great details about the moments of agony worrying about Jacob, or wanting to be at home or what I need to do, but instead I am going to be grateful.

I'm thankful that the treatments are short and Jacob is comfortable for the most part during radiation. I am thankful that his nurses are so nice and likeable. I am thankful that Jacob has only suffered mild nausea and his bouts of being tired and confused are short. I am thankful that today is the only day he has had head pain on the right side. I am thankful for the PRAYERS, messages, texts, calls and support we have received this week. I am thankful for the financial support we have received to help cover gas, food and a place to stay. I am thankful for our extended family and friends at home who are helping keep our family running smoothly while I am away. I am thankful for the laughter and smiles Jacob and I shared (The baseball game was AWESOME!!) and our moments of comfort. I am thankful for the 3 miles I was able to walk/run pain free. I am thankful for time on my mat with David Swenson (look that one up for fun:)). I am thankful for technology that keeps me in touch with Gavin and Brie, thankful for Motrin and for tissues. I am thankful for the lovely people in this home and Cancer Center who put things in perspective and remind me to remain humble. Tonight I am thankful to Olivia and Emily for visiting us and lifting my spirits! Lastly, even when I feel lost in the madness of this broken world God finds a way to show me all the beauty He has set in front of me and for that I am thankful.

Wishing all of you a weekend full of fun and family!

To all my mamas - I'm coming home and can't wait to see you Saturday!! Ready to run happy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment