Sunday, March 23, 2014

As we close out our spring break Jacob and I will pack up tonight and head to Orlando in the morning to start his radiation treatments. Jacob is not starting Avastin at this time, but I'm not sure why this changed. The ARNPs from both offices have asked the doctors to contact me regarding this but I haven't heard from them. I'm sure they have a good reason though. 

THANK YOU to those of you who have sent cards! I will be putting a big bulletin board in our room to hang Jacob's cards and words of encouragement up. 

If anyone wants to send him a note the address where we are staying is:

 Jacob Grimes

C/O  RMH at Arnold Palmer Medical Center

1630 Kuhl Avenue

Orlando FL, 32806


(I will know our room number tomorrow)


As for prayers, I will be praying for Jacob's comfort and as always his understanding and to be covered in God's peace. I will be praying for the radiation to stop the tumors growth without damaging Jacob's facial nerve or any other heathy brain tissue in the area. Please pray for no damage to his facial nerve that his surgeons worked so hard to preserve. Living with facial paralysis is so very difficult. 

I will be praying for our family at home too. It is so hard to be separated. 

Once again I am moved beyond words over the outpouring of kindness and support we are receiving. Jacob and our family is so thankful and blessed to be so deeply loved. 


I will let everyone know how tomorrow goes! 


No comments:

Post a Comment