Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Saturday September 24, 2011

Moving Towards A Cure, Clearwater 2011
Miles for Hope

I'm so happy our family was able to be a part of the Moving Towards A Cure, Clearwater 2011 event. It was truly an awesome experience for me. Over 1,500 people showed up at Coachman Park in downtown Clearwater, Florida to bike, run and walk. Dana, Gina, Rachel, Joe, Brie, Jacob, Gavin, Tim, BJ, Charlie, Erin, Darbi, TD and I made up Jacob's team, Team Big J Willy! A special thank you for those of you who also made donations to Jacob's team. Thank you, Pastor Bob, Lani, Rosenburg family, Tokotch family and Belcher family. As of today's website reports, the event has raised a total of $151,473.00, well over their goal of $125,000.00! The day before the event, Miles for Hope (MFH) received word from Dr. Linda Liau of UCLA that the pediatric vaccine trial will be a go and MFH will be receiving their grant request in the coming days. 




Gavin really wanted to run with
TD and me......

  


Are you sure you're ready?


My Babies :)

Poster I made for the "Wall of Courage."

This bridge was part of the
5K route.  Over and back was a mile....

 


Getting serious, lol!!

By 9:30am we were all wiped out!!


Gavin had a bad fall
while we were at the event. 
Bloody head, chest and knee,
but still smiling!

 


There were 332 runners in the
5K chipped times.
I finished # 215, lol
TD and a lot of other
participants chose not to
be timed.

Cure Cancer
Cure NF2
End Brain Tumors
 

Kick Cancer's A.S.S. raised almost $15,000.00


I ran my first 5K
in 35.42 minutes. 
Lots of room for improvement!!


Where's my balloon?


Gramma Gina was at the event
with us, but she took most of
the pictures.  This is a photo
of her and Pop from Sunday
that I really like :)

Wish I had a photo of Tim and BJ - they were there too, but escaped the camera....


No comments:

Post a Comment