Tuesday, April 15, 2014

I'm happy to write that our room at the Ronald McDonald House is clean and ready for Pop (TD's dad) to come and spend a few days with Jacob.  Gavin's 5th birthday is Thursday.  It's hard to believe he is already 5 years old and I want to be there when he wakes up and remissness over one of the best days of my life and be thankful. I will be heading home after Jacob's radiation and doctors appt in the morning to be in Tally in time to take G to his well check and we are not doing shots!! No shots this time.  We will make another visit for that if something is needed.  Anyway. Pop will bring Jacob home Friday morning.

Jacob continues to tolerate the radiation well.  He is down to 10 treatments left as of today.  Now that we are more than half way through I am finding myself praying for the radiation to be working on the tumor and not hurting the surrounding tissue. I go from thoughts that it must work to what if it doesn't work... My (OUR) prayers of comfort and peace for Jacob are being answered for sure.  He said he was a little sick this weekend while visiting his dad, but he still managed to get to church and enjoy some time at the pool. He's playing X Box right now so he's not too bad off at the moment.  His scalp burns haven't gotten any worse. Jacob is really good at pushing through the big stuff.  He never ceases to impress and amaze me, but don't tell him I said that :) He did labs last week, but since I haven't heard from them I am assuming everything is normal.  I will ask tomorrow what's next and when MRIs will be done after treatment.

Everyone is excited about celebrating Gavin on Saturday and Jesus on Sunday. I have the Red Shoe Run for the Ronald McDonald House, G has t ball and his party and then Easter Celebration!  He is Risen.  I never get tired of repeating that in my head.  If you're near KUMC on Sunday I hope you can hear the congregation shouting it as loud as we can.  I love that tradition!

Hope everyone is well and your week is starting off happy!!

Peace and Love from Orlando!!

No comments:

Post a Comment