Friday, November 16, 2012

I updated my running blog today, www.Runningforlemonade.wordpress.com .  This week was a great week in my running world.  I posted pictures and a race recap. I am sharing my paragraph about Jacob on here also.....

In other good news, Jacob, who I mentioned above, is handling his new chemotherapy drug well. Jacob has Neurofibromatosis Type 2 and he’s battling brain and spinal tumors. He’s been on Lapatinib for two weeks. This is the third chemo drug we’ve tried in 18 months. Jacob is having weekly labs to make sure his body is continuing to function normally while on the drug. For the last two weeks his labs have returned normal. This is awesome news!!! The initial side effects only lasted a few days. We just upped his dose last night, so I’m expecting a few bad days ahead, but hoping they won’t be too bad. One more step to having him on the full dose is good news too! I’m always a fan of progress.

Happy Weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment